Wednesday 28 October 2015

3D TPS Zombie Game Design Plan

Who is in your team:
Charlie-Anne

Who is the team leader?
Charlie-Anne

Who will do what?
As I'm currently working on my own I will personally work on the following:

  • Main Character
  • Standard Zombies
  • Elite/Boss Zombies
  • Landscapes
  • Objects and assets. 

What elements will we need?
There will be various elements we need, the criteria asks for 3 separate areas, An large open space, a house/building or cave to explore and collect items from and an area that is infected by the zombies. As well as these I will need a standard zombie that i could potentially edit so all the zombies aren't identical, including the boss Zombie which will be bigger in size as well as in health. I will also have to think about various weapons and collectible items such as food and armor.

Location and Setting:
I was thinking of setting the game in a rural location, within the location there will be a farmhouse in which the character can explore and interact with various things. Within here the character will have to collect each of the relevant parts to fix an old car so they can escape the infested lands. Around the house and its surrounding areas there will be different locations for the different parts. Each part will be guarded by a various amount of zombies. Once the car is ready to leave, the boss zombie will spawn in. From here you will have thirty seconds to destroy the Boss Zombie. If the player fails to do this, the boss will destroy the car, consequently restarting the game.



This is a recreated version of "Hershel's Farm" from the series, "The Walking Dead", I believe it has been recreated using The Sims.

This is the kind of look and feel I aim for within my game, obviously I will aim to make it look as original as I possibly can. However, this is what I am aiming towards.


This is a rough idea of what the car is to look like when the character finds it.

The parts I was thinking of, would be:
  • New tires
  • A new engine
  • New bulbs, for the lights
  • A fuel Gage
  • Petrol/Fuel cans
As well as the parts for the car, the player will also be able to acquire things to help them survive, such as first aid kits, clothes, weapons, amunition and food. These will not be essential, however the mood food they eat the higher their health, same with the first aid kits.

This is "Hyrule Field" from "TLoZ: Twilight Princess"

The above feild is similar to the look I would like for the open world. The main structure is going to be within a farm, so I plan to have an area in the distance which you cant access due to the area you can go being fenced in. I hope by doing this to increase the difficulty of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment